Monday, February 16, 2009

What a Weekend

Saturday night I thought I had food poisoning. Seriously. Nothing stayed down after 5:30pm (I even opted for a salad instead of pizza...silly me). Nothing is worse than puking water and chicken all over your car interior, and then cleaning it up on the side of the road as it snows. 
Oh wait...it does: Dyl is brushing his teeth, and I am puking in the toilet. He walks over next to me and says "oh mommy. That's 'isgusting! Stop doing that...it's 'isgusting" We have a talk about me eating bad chicken, and your digestive system not always letting things down through your stomach, etc etc etc. Those are the normal lessons for a 3 year old watching someone puke, right?
Thankfully at about 1:30am my friends Jeanyne and Katie stopped over to watch Dylan and take me to the hospital. (apparently dyl woke up at around 3:30 and asked katie if the doctor was getting the bad chicken out of me. cracked her up)
The nurses at the hospital were great. Luckily the protocol for women past 20weeks of pregnancy is to go up to the maternity ward before the emergency room. So I got an awesome bed to lay in, Nyne got a super comfy chair, and they loaded me up with some anti-nausea meds and 2 bags of juice. (The ER would've been horrendous...I've been forgotten about there...)
At about 5:30am I thought I was okay. I had some crackers and ginger ale and made my way home. Then puked. and puked. and puked.
So I call the on-call OB at my actual practice (in Kingston) and am lectured for jumping the gun, for wasting her time and long distance, that I should know that it's 3 days of vomiting before I have to worry about dehydration. And a lecture for not having a pharmacy number on hand before calling her. Because I keep that on me while puking upstairs at 5am. Silly me.
I also notice that there is dog puke in my dining room. My nephew didn't let Jackson out Saturday, and Jackson's response to loneliness is to eat socks/napkins/whatevers and puke them in hiding spots. He is now going to live with my sister-in-law until Tommy returns fro Iraq.
I moved into my in-laws' home for bedrest Sunday and Monday. I'm actually just now getting to my house since it was kind of weird to be there while everyone was gone and I'm not physically ill right now. 
I'm keeping myself on bedrest before work tomorrow.
Bedrest sucks. Thankfully there is an Ace of Cakes marathon on to pass the time.
No big life lessons this blog folks- just an update on how much it sucks to puke.
All the girls at work are afraid of pregnancy. I try to assure them this isn't pregnancy but a combination of bad food/stomach flu...their parents can thank me though, if it keeps them baby-free.

The funniest thing about pregnancy is that you forget what the other one was like. Apparently I didn't like being pregnant last time, and had sinus problems and a cough the whole time. It takes everyone else reminding me. 
Well at least this is the last time. So when I forget all this drama, at least I won't have to deal with it ever again! I'll just remember suddenly having a baby and not minding the 9 months of ridiculousness.

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing worse than being sick and pregnant! And I'm with you, I don't like being pregnant either...but I am a fan of the babies :)

    ReplyDelete