Friday, October 16, 2009

Vampires

My friend Cole (I Heart My Chaotic Life http://iheartmychaoticlife.blogspot.com/) mentioned Twilight lately and I need to vent.

Ever since this whole "Twilight" craze started, I've been annoyed. I'm someone who's always been a fan of Vampires...probably because I loved Anne Rice's "Interview with a Vampire" series. But this craze has just unnerved me. Everyone I talk to has apparently been "vampire" crazed since birth. And now there's True Blood, Twilight, Vampire Diaries...etc etc etc. And for some reason I'm annoyed.

Maybe it's because all the "goth" kids are doing it. Maybe because it's yet another "thing" people are using to be "different". EXCEPT THAT EVERYONE IS DOING IT. Maybe because for so many years I've been part of and a fan of a scene that I've never "looked the part" of. Sorry I'm not pierced head to toe, that I'm not a fan of looking like I rolled out of a trashcan this morning...

Actually I'm not sorry. I'm glad I'm happy to be me. I'm sad not everyone else has gotten to that place yet.
B

No comments:

Post a Comment