Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Cooking and Whatnot

I've actually cooked dinner every night for 2 weeks. This is a HUGE accomplishment in our household. I work retail, so my hours are crazy, and I tend to just grab something for me and the man on my way home. Since I'm still on "bonding time" (thanks, gap inc!) I decided to get better at cooking. I've even gotten dinner done in about 20 minutes on a couple of nights. Apparently all those tips about prepping all your veggies ahead of time actually are helpful.

So we're going to the shore this weekend, for an Italian Festival! Can't wait. But since we are all going to be drinking our faces off, I plan on also making a few things ahead of time and taking them with us:

Meatballs. I'm perfecting my recipe. They still aren't as good as "Mary's Balls", my mother-in-law's, but they're getting there.
Lasagna. A vegetarian variety. I've got to start flipping through some of these foodie blogs I've been finding.
Random snacks.

I've just got to get the lasagna taken care of... Off I go!

1 comment:

  1. I can make a mean lasagna (I told it to stop picking on the other kids, but no luck...), but is of the meaty variety. Vegetarian is a bad word in our house.

    Oh, and I gave you a blog award!! Head on over to my place to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete